Re: [GreenYes] A Back-To-The -Land Bin, A Problem Bin, A Recyclables Bin
A number of people have kindly responded to my email on bins.......
I am sorry that I explained myself so badly - my interest was in considering
the impact of NAMING a three bin system a "back-to-the-land" bin, a
"recyclables" bin(s) and a "problem" bin.

If you have to regularly put things in your "problem" bin, ask the kids to
put the "problem" bin out for collection on "problem" bin days, the
consciousness of what constituted a consuming/disposing problem would be on
the agenda on a daily basis...

Sorting your garden organics, food and soiled paper for composting having
(knowing that you were participating in repairing the massive urban drain of
nutrients from the land) would be daily more rewarding when they are sorted
in your "back-to-the-land" bin.....

It was an email about language, I suppose, and a musing about the power of a
'name'.

Annie Kavanagh
Project Officer
Northern Sydney Waste Board

Ph: 02 9428 5673
Fax: 02 9428 5674
Email: kavanaghnswb@bigpond.com
Website: www.northwaste.nsw.gov.au

confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender.  Views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Northern
Sydney Waste Board.