[GreenYes] Re: German Greens, CAW shilling for incineration industry?

Title: [GreenYes] Re: German Greens, CAW shilling for incineration industry?

Hi folks,

I'd also just add a warning point about the term "best available
technology." Recognizing a given facility as BAT (a technical term under
the Stockholm Convention) doesn't necessarily imply an endorsement of
the technology as a whole. Rather, it establishes a standard to which
all such facilities -- if they exist -- should be measured against.
Establishing a very expensive BAT (as Germany is wont to do) tends to
encourage people to look to alternate approaches.

cheers,

Neil