RE: [GreenYes] Garbage/recycling alternate pickups:Smelly garbagecans a thing of the past when you d
That's true, the rules could be changed, but you do have to look at local
conditions.  We tend to have very hot summers, most with 20+ days over 100
degrees. First we would consider EOW recycling to cut costs before even
touching garbage.  There are lots of composters in Austin, but not enough to
keep the stink down.

Katherine J. Murray
Waste Diversion Planner
City of Austin Solid Waste Services