[GreenYes] Re: E-question for fiction story
Reply to deborah_strod@yahoo.com
(and the lsit if you want).
----- Original Message -----
From: "Deborah Strod" <deborah_strod@yahoo.com>
To: <zerowaste@grrn.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 11:04 PM
Subject: E-question for fiction story

I have been researching and writing a children's
fiction story which I titled "The Zero Trash Day" not
knowing about all your activities.  In it, a group of
kids tries to get their families to make no trash for
just one day.  There are a lot of philosophical
reasons to aim for something more in the long haul of
course, but that's the plot for this one (I was
planning a followup Zero Trash Contest between towns).
 I have the kids exploring the issue by doing research
for school projects in geography (recyling/waste
management in different countries), being astounded at
the way their towns handle things so differently,
using recycled materials for art, looking at the
science of trash, and one kid that has to write a
business plan.  They naively think it wouldn't be so
hard to make no trash for one day and then find their
habits in modern industrial society have to change
even to meet the minimum goal of one day.  And of
course out of the research and all they effort they
become much more conscious of the need to make no
trash for the long haul.

I'm so excited to have found you and wonder if I could
get some advice for the book in a conversation with
someone.  I'm pouring over your site delightedly.
Please let me know if there is someone I could
contact.
Thank you,
Deborah Strod
deborah_strod@yahoo.com