[GreenYes] Re: Recycling Markets

Title: [GreenYes] Re: Recycling Markets

I think it's interesting that two movements go in opposite
directions.  Not exporting to Asia is the opposite of Manufacture
Takeback.  All the OEMs are in Asia.  You could try limiting it to
Japan and Singapore, the two most modern (though Sg is technically not
OECD for some strange reason), but the HQs there are outsourcing their
work to China and Vietnam.

Keith, on theft for metal resale / export, that is actually the most
sane argument I've thought of to continue mining subsidies...  If the
General Mining Act of 1872 and its counterparts in Philippines,
Indonesia, etc. was actually rewritten (upping from the $5/acre
lease), arguably you would need a police state to keep people from
cutting down all the power lines, as the price of copper would
skyrocket.

Happy Friday.

Robin Ingenthron