RE: [greenyes] RE: [jtrnet] Starbucks

When I was going to school I worked for Starbucks for a short time. They do offer a .10 cent discount for those that bring in their own mugs. The also offer to refill (only coffee) for .50 cents. People use to bring in their old paper coffee cups to get the .50 cent cup of coffee. But it was obvious that it was a couple days old.

I do agree that if Starbucks wants their customers to think they are "green" that they should offer more of an incentive to bring in their own mugs. For time to time you will see on their travel mugs they sell, they will have a statement of how many trees are saved if you use the reusable mug.

But this also goes for the food markets that offer incentives a very small incentive to their customers that bring in their own canvas bags rather than using the stores plastic bag.

Laura Anthony
lanthony13@no.address