RE: [greenyes] Penn and Teller take on recycling

Does it get more negative then this?

Thursday, April 29

It's the ultimate "feel-good" activity. But here's the truth: recycling is
garbage.
The recycling industry creates pollution, has to be subsidized by the
government because it's cost ineffective, and is completely unnecessary.
Contrary to popular belief, our landfills are not running out of space - we
have enough room to last for thousands of years! So how did the bullshit of
recycling get started? We've tracked down the faceless bureaucrat who's
responsible!

I just watched a clip and they had the average "Joe" running around like a
fool trying to sort their garbage/recycables while some guy stood behind
them with a bull horn when they make a mistake. It looks absolutely awful.

What can we do to respond? Eric? Jack? I know there are numbers out there
that prove recycling is cost affective (even in areas where landfill prices
are low) and creates jobs (more then the auto industry?!

This is a blow for all of us - and I don't really find it all that humorous.

Christine McCoy
Director, Environmental Programs
Rural Community Assistance Program
1522 K Street, NW #400