RE: [greenyes] Environmental Books List

Hi Michelle
its a great list - are you going to keep adding to it or is that it now?
Seeing the list of course makes me think of the gaps in it which I
immediately want to fill!
I will give you just two more suggestions for now though
eco - design - a category for that - I have just bought 'the eco-design
handbook' by alastair fuad-luke - Thames & Hudson pub 2002 ISBN
0-500-28343-5
it is an amazing collection of ideas from designers in - mostly USA and
Europe - who are looking basically at zero waste concepts - being very
mindful of designing with the planet - its resources - lifecycle analysis
etc etc in mind and there is the most brilliant resume of all the different
ideas involved. Basically he is saying that it is through good design that
you push the agenda (which includes reuse - recycle compost etc etc etc)
2nd I would of course put in more composting contacts - since the main
wasted fractions of domestic waste & large municipal streams are
biodegradable we need to look at a whole range of solutions from promotion
of home composting - to on farm, community and centralised composting and
for a variety of materials and end uses.
You only have Mary Appelhof's site listed - what about the Elaine Ingham
with her soilfoodweb site - Cornell Uni have a good site - do you want it to
be focussed on the States? We will be launching our compost site soon for
community composting in the UK - loads of other good compost sites and
books!

There is of course my own! and soon to be published - 'Reduce - Reuse and
Recycle' Green Books' (UK - they work with Chelsea Green)

Anyway - thanks for compiling the list!!

Nicky Scott
Chair Community Composting Network UK