From: owner-greenyes@grrn.org [mailto:owner-greenyes@grrn.org]On Behalf
Of don hughes
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:45 PM
To: RJayW2@aol.com
Cc: greenyes@grrn.org
Subject: Re: [GreenYes] President Bush and the USA

Oh come now!  I find Muna's 'name-calling' rather amusing.  I believe it is
done in jest, not out of malice.  (There are certainly much worse names
that could be brought up!)  And, as an American, would like to affirm our
right, and indeed, anyone's right, to make fun of our political leaders.
It is a great American tradition, going back to the earliest political
cartoons.
D Hughes
 At 11:07 AM 01/16/2002 EST, RJayW2@aol.com wrote:
>I agree completely with Roger Guttentag that pet names for political
leaders
>should remain so in our minds but not in our words when addressing issues
on
>this listserv.  While Muna continues to make several interesting
observations
>on many topics, I have thought for a long time that the anti-USA bashing
>should stop.  It's disrespectful to those of us on this listserv who are
U.S.
>citizens.
>
>John Waddell
>KJWB Publications Inc./Refuse News
>this list is available here:
>http://www.grrn.org/general/greenyes.html

        Don Hughes      Dept. of Chemistry
        315-470-6597    431 Jahn Lab
			SUNY-College of environmental science & forestry
                        SYRACUSE, NY 13210
 "If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a
conclusion."
            George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)