[GreenYes] "zero waste" plastic alternatives to paper

Title: [GreenYes] "zero waste" plastic alternatives to paper

Hi all,

I'm not entirely sure what to think about this new business venture of
ReProduct: www.reproduct.net. The company claims a 100% recyclable,
lower impact product. The products are greeting cards, annual reports
and other marketing mateirals that are made, not from paper, but from
polypropylene. The products are recycled through Shaw into new carpet
but do not need to go through the de-inking process.

I'm skeptical about petro-chemical products but I'm skeptical about
forestry practices as well. I'm also concerned about mixing plastics
into the paper recycling process. They've done an LCA but I'm not sure
hwo to tell if it's legitimate.

Anybody know anything or have thoughts on these products?