[GreenYes] Re: CFL Generation Rates

According to the following news release 290 million total
(incandescent and CFL) bulbs were sold last year. 20% of those bulbs
were CFLs so since the US population is 301 million that would be
around 1 bulb per person and since 20% of those bulbs were CFLs 22,000
resdents should purchase around 4400 CFLs.

News for Release: Tuesday, January 15, 2008
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
EPA and DOE Spread a Bright Idea: Energy Star Light Bulbs are Helping
to Change the World
EPA Contact: Shakeba Carter-Jenkins, (202) 564-4355 / Carter-
Jenkins.Shak...@no.address
DOE Contact: Julie Ruggiero, (202) 586-4940
(Washington, D.C. - January 15, 2008) Americans are more than making
good on their pledges to help fight climate change by replacing their
lights with Energy Star qualified CFLs (compact fluorescent lights).
EPA estimates that Energy Star CFL sales for 2007 were nearly double
those in 2006, accounting for approximately 20 percent of the light
bulb market in the U.S.
According to market data, sales of Energy Star qualified CFLs have
risen dramatically over the last two years. In 2006, it is estimated
that the market share jumped to about 11 percent, compared to a market
share consistently under 5% in the early part of the decade. Sales in
2007 totaled approximately 290 million bulbs. Energy Star retail
partners such as Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Costco, Menards, Ace
Hardware and Sams Club have played an important role in educating
consumers about the importance of saving energy and the value of these
products.
"More and more Americans are seeing the light - that protecting the
environment, while saving money, is as easy as changing a bulb," said
EPA Administrator Stephen L. Johnson. "Together, we are brightening
our country's future, one Energy Star CFL at a time." ......