[GreenYes] FW: The Story of Stuff - a MUST watch!

From: Wynne Coplea [mailto:wynne.coplea@no.address]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:11 AM

Subject: The Story of Stuff - a MUST watch!

Amazing film!  Amazing website!  Wow...everyone should read this!

THE STORY OF STUFF – It was shocking to learn that only 1% of stuff is still being used a
mere six months after purchase. Yikes! Great video, 20 minutes
long. It's at http://www.storyofstuff.com/ and you can watch it for
free.

The homepage states, "From its extraction
through sale, use and disposal, all the stuff in our lives affects
communities at home and abroad, yet most of this is hidden from view.
The Story of Stuff is a 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at
the underside of our production and consumption patterns. The Story
of Stuff exposes the connections between a huge number of
environmental and social issues, and calls us together to create a
more sustainable and just world. It'll teach you something, it'll
make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the
stuff in your life forever."

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.