[GreenYes] Re: EPA mercury model

www.nema.org/lamprecycle/epafactsheet-
<http://www.nema.org/lamprecycle/epafactsheet-cfl.pdf> cfl.pdf

David - my source is the EPA. The above link takes you to a document they
created about the mercury content in CFLs. It is a great overview without
getting too technical. Some manufacturers have already reduced the amount of
mercury from the numbers given by the EPA. Manufacturers like TCP have
switched to a powder form of mercury that has shown to be less hazardous.
Improvements are being made but the media is slow to talk about it.

I have never used a techno trash can.but I have been saving electronics for
a while also. I will check it out. CFL recycle is more complex than other
products and there are very few sources. www.earth911.org
<http://www.earth911.org/> and www.lamprecycle.org
<http://www.lamprecycle.org/> list places to recycle. They will charge you
a fee to do it based on the number and weight of the CFLs. There should be
something in your area; however, recycling is not yet convenient. I have
started recycling drives in our area - hopefully others will do the same in
their areas.

Joy

Joy Kingsborough

BulbMe!

3116 S. Mill Ave., Ste. 182 Tempe, AZ 85282

Toll Free +1.866.386.5559

Office +1.480.471.5810

Mobile +1.480.695.2558

<mailto:joyking@no.address> joyking@no.address