From: Alan Muller
To: greenyes@no.address
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:09 PM
Subject: [GreenYes] Re: Update on Sierra Club and biomass

At 02:59 PM 2/22/2007 -0800, Dave Ciplet wrote:

I talked with the Global Warming and Energy Program Director of the Sierra Club today. He assured me that we can look forward to a statement from the Sierra Club next week clarifying that contrary to the biomass section of the American Solar Energy Society report, the Sierra Club maintains that it is strongly opposed to incineration of any municipal solid waste materials. Also, the Sierra Club will be releasing a report in the near future that is consistent with this position.

Please note that I am not sure what the exact wording of their statement will say, this is only what I gathered from him over the phone.

Warm regards,

Dave

The Sierra Club is a very complicated organization and frequently different parts of it are not on the same page. I think it is same to assume that the sign-on to the ASES report generated a lot of internal debate that will take some time to sort itself out. Meanwhile, some public stomping probably doesn't hurt.

am

Dave Ciplet
Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives (GAIA)
Tel: 510.883.9490 ext. 102
Fax: 510.883.9493
dave@no.address
www.no-burn.org