[GreenYes] Re: Update on Sierra Club and biomass

At 02:59 PM 2/22/2007 -0800, Dave Ciplet wrote:
>I talked with the Global Warming and Energy Program Director of the
>Sierra Club today. He assured me that we can look forward to a
>statement from the Sierra Club next week clarifying that contrary to
>the biomass section of the American Solar Energy Society report, the
>Sierra Club maintains that it is strongly opposed to incineration of
>any municipal solid waste materials. Also, the Sierra Club will be
>releasing a report in the near future that is consistent with this position.
>
>Please note that I am not sure what the exact wording of their
>statement will say, this is only what I gathered from him over the phone.
>
>Warm regards,
>
>Dave

The Sierra Club is a very complicated organization and frequently
different parts of it are not on the same page. I think it is same
to assume that the sign-on to the ASES report generated a lot of
internal debate that will take some time to sort itself
out. Meanwhile, some public stomping probably doesn't hurt.

am