[GreenYes] Street recycling can advertising

This is the largest program I'm aware of:

http://www.eucan.ca/news1.php?noticia1=11016

Their new units are much more in-your-face than their previous ones
which were wider, but only maybe 30-35" high. I'm a big proponent of
the shorter ones (3 slots - one for garbage, one for paper, one for
MGP) and have about 50 photos of these taken while in Toronto in
summer 2004. Most of the advertising was well done - I'm sure that
can be controlled. There were even some clearly pro bono
environmental ads. The company pays for the units, they put them in
place, arrange for the advertising, service the bins, all for free,
and the company and the municipality decide how the monies from
recyclables and advertising are apportioned. In other words, it can
increase public space recycling and be a revenue source for municipalities.

Maggie Clarke, Ph.D.
mclarke@no.address
Environmental Scientist and Educator
http://geography.hunter.cuny.edu/~mclarke/index.html