[GreenYes] Re: Online shopping - environmental benefits or not?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen N Weisser [mailto:stevew@no.address]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:09 PM
To: 'Doug Koplow'; GreenYes@no.address
Subject: RE: [GreenYes] Online shopping - environmental benefits or not?

Doug,
Good question and good points raised. Our response to our customers on this
question:
"Just as you might save gasoline by including a stop at the office supply
box store on your shopping trip, UPS is probably already making stops in
your neighborhood daily. If that is the case: ordering recycled products
from GreenLine for UPS to deliver while passing by your home is also an
efficient use of energy.

The products you buy at the chain stores most likely go from the
manufacturer to various distribution centers, then to the store before you
drive out to buy them. Whereas many of our products ship from the
manufacturer, to us and then to you, the end result is that purchasing our
products often results in fewer energy resources used."

To the concern of packaging: we reuse shipping cartons, and avoid using
plastics/foam.

The added benefit, of course, is that we are a company owned and operated by
environmentalists and we are not just "online shopping" but an environmental
products company. Our new website, with online ordering, will be up in the
next few days. :)

Steve Weisser
GreenLine Paper

Stephen N. Weisser, Sales Manager