RE: [greenyes] NYC's Recycling Program: Just the facts

"Perhaps similar constraints explain why two of the nation's recycling leaders (San
Francisco
and Seattle) contract with small numbers of large firms (one, and two, respectively)."

In the case of San Francisco, the reason for this is politics, pure and simple.
-- Steve Bloom