[greenyes] Epson cartridges

Sorry if this got posted twice, I got a notice that it got kicked back.

Back in the late ?90¹s the FTC came out with guidelines on the use of the
word ?recyclable¹. (see http://www.ftc.gov/os/1998/04/63fr24240.pdf ). I
don¹t know that this exactly fits with their issue? it had to do more with
claims that something was recyclable when recycling facilities weren¹t
readily available? but this still could be of interest to the FTC. If you
look at page 11, letter d, it refers to what recyclable means, and says
pretty clearly that the product needs to be used as a raw material to make a
new product.

It may be worth writing to the FTC and urging them to stop Epson from doing
this. Or writing Epson with a cc to the FTC. Anyone on this list on the NRC
board? I would think the NRC would want to make their voice heard on this
as well.

Amy