[greenyes] Zero waste

Gary:

I agree with your concept. But I do have one thing to add: getting rid of
subsidies for virgin resources, and working to internalize other external
costs of mining as well as disposal. I personally am not fully supportive
of advance disposal fees? having folks pay for the cost of disposal in the
product. ³Consumers² are already pay for disposal when they dispose of it,
so they¹re paying for it twice. If the true cost of getting the virgin
materials and turning them into product were included in the cost of the
product, and the true cost of disposing of the product were included in
peoples¹ garbage fees (like monitoring the landfill for how ever many years
it¹s needed), then I think we¹d see clearer incentives in the right places.

Amy