Re: [greenyes] Electronics policy for government

Eileen,

At our first electronics collection event, I arranged for the local PC
users group to be on hand to harvest any usable items, after determining
the performance level desired with the local non-profit thrift store.
The thrift store ended up with about 20 full systems, which were sold
for around $150 each. Odds and ends parts were sold that day by the
thrift store to a member of the PC users group.

The third time I went back to thank the PC users group, I realized that
they were in geek heaven and quite happy.

It was a good day all around.

In my new position in a new county, e-waste is collected at the
landfill, and I have not yet duplicated this effort. Thanks for the
nudge!

Take care,

Rose

Rose Niemi
Merced County Association of Governments
369 West 18th Street
Merced CA 95340
209-723-3153, extension 315
rose@no.address