[greenyes] Re: Use of used marine styrofoam in building houses?

From: "Blair Pollock" <bpollock@no.address>
To: <greenyes@no.address>
Cc: <gasmith@no.address>
Subject: [greenyes] Fwd: styrofoam as a building material?
This question posed by a teacher in a maritime county in North
Carolina.
Maybe someone can get him started. I expect there's a fair amount of
surplus foam on old docks down there. Thanks.

If everyone in Orange County recycled two more aluminum cans a week
we would recycle over twelve million more cans a
year.__________________________________________________

Blair Pollock
Solid Waste Planner
(919) 968-2788
fax: (919) 932-2900
PO Box 17177
Chapel Hill, NC 27516-7177

>>> "Gene A. Smith" <gasmith@no.address> 8/9/04 11:08:12 AM

Hello

I was curious about any styrofoam recycling you may do. One of the
side projects I am teaching in ELPS (civics) this year is
conservation,
and the use of alternative energy, building materials, etc. One
student
was asking about foam houses, built partially from styrofoam blocks
recycled from boat docks. Do you have any experience with these
items?

Gene Smith