[greenyes] Fwd: [jtrnet] [greenyes] Recycling efficiency & GHG savings

Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:47:12 -0400
From: Ferland.Henry@no.address
To: "JTRNET" <jtrnet@no.address>
Cc: achoate@no.address

Sounds like this request is tailor-made for our new beta MAP-GHG tool
which we announce on this listserv last week. Using this tool you can
compare purchasing and manufacturing ghg emissions based on the recycled content of materials (comparing a baseline to an alternative scenario). While it does not currently include energy, we are considering including this in future iterations. Also note that it does not currently include concrete.

One other caveat for folks outside the US --  this tool is based on US
life-cycle data so while it can be used for comparative purposes in
Canada -- the underlying energy data used in the model would need to be
modified for a true picture of recycling in Canada.

For a copy of the draft tool for review please contact Anne Choate at
ICF consulting -- at  "achoate@no.address".

Thanks,

Henry

Henry Ferland, Coordinator