FW: [GreenYes] Two Stream
Justin - FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Katherine.Murray@ci.austin.tx.us
[mailto:Katherine.Murray@ci.austin.tx.us]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 11:53 AM
To: cmccoy@rcap.org
Subject: RE: [GreenYes] Two Stream

Christine, I tried sending this to the e-mail listed in your forwarded
message.  It was returned, so hopefully you can get it to him.

Visit the City of Austin's website:  www.austinrecycles.com
<http://www.austinrecycles.com>   Click on Recycling under Programs and
Services.

The sort is a little different from yours.  Cardboard must be bundled to
3"x3" with twine or string (to fit in truck, we may reduce this to 2.5"x2.5"
due to new trucks).  The bin is for a mix of containers (Al, plastic 1 and
2, tin/steel, glass).  A second bin can be used for mixed home office paper,
newspaper and magazines, or we encourage people to use a paper grocery bag
for the loose paper.  Helps keep litter down too when it is windy.  And a
"third" recycling sort would be yard trimmings placed in a reusable
container or kraft paper yard trimmings bag.

Katherine J. Murray
Waste Diversion Planner
City of Austin Solid Waste Services
(512) 974-9043