RE: [GreenYes] Market Rates for Recycling Services
One factor you can use is the Davis-Bacon Act list for wage grade employees.
It is updated yearly and we append it to contracts to ensure recycling
collection contractors (and others) are paying a fair wage.  According to
the last one I have, in this area a "recycling worker" gets $12.78 an hour
and receives Health & Welfare benefits at $2.02 an hour, plus holidays,
uniform allowance, etc.  There are other job titles you can use, like truck
driver or forklift operator, if that is more appropriate.  And I imagine the
wages are regional.

Don't forget to include the cost of the vehicle you use, any equipment that
is purchased or leased, and supplies that are provided to customers (boxes,
bins, etc.).  If your collection time is a fraction of the time spent on
other pick-ups or deliveries, you'd have to take that into account, but
remember if the customer wanted to replace you with a big waste mgmt
company, they'd likely pay full freight.

Hope this helps,
Terri