Re: [GreenYes] Fwd: [USCC] Dead Facilities
Great idea!!!

Check San Diego  MRF-- look in WSJ archives  NYT archives  they wrote about
failures  -- also LA Times

Would love to see your results.

Michele

At 09:37 AM 3/16/02 -0800, Gary Liss wrote:
>Apologies for Cross-Postings
>
>>Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:25:09 -0500
>>From: Ron Alexander <alexassoc@earthlink.net>
>>
>>I am looking for some examples of failed (yes, failed) composting and
>>recycling (MRF's, etc) facilities constructed in North America (or
>>elsewhere). Can anyone provide me with some examples? Pictures? I'd like
>>to use this information at a workshop for public decision makers, in
>>order to implore upon them the necessity of making proper (not
>>politically expedient) decisions when it comes to 'waste' management.
>>Thanks,
>>Ron
>>

>>Ron Alexander
>>R. Alexander Associates, Inc.
>>1212 Eastham Drive
>>Apex, NC 27502
>>919-367-8350
>>919-367-8351 fax

>>Compost maillist  -  Compost@compostingcouncil.org
>>This list is a service provided by the US Composting Council.  Opinions
>>are those of the posters alone and do not necessarily represent the USCC,
>>the Foundation or Board of Directors.
>>Non-members of USCC are encouraged to join the Council through our
>>website at: http://www.compostingcouncil.org/membership.cfm
>>The archive for this list is located at
>>http://mailman.cloudnet.com/pipermail/compost/
>>Report bugs and problems to the List Manager at jim@composter.com
>>For Discussion List Policies and information regarding subscribing,
>>unsubscribing, digest or other options, go
>>to:http://mailman.cloudnet.com/mailman/listinfo/compost
>
>Gary Liss
>916-652-7850
>Fax: 916-652-0485

>this list is available here:
>http://www.grrn.org/general/greenyes.html

Michele Raymond
Publisher
Recycling Laws International/ State Recycling Laws Update
5111 Berwyn Rd. Ste 115 College Park, MD 20740)
301/345-4237   Fax 345-4768
http://www.raymond.com