Re: [GreenYes] paper fibre querie
They fall out of the re-manufacturing process along with the ink and clay and other 'fines'. Thus contaminated, they are disposed of, sometimes by land-spreading. Canada produces one-third of the planet's newsprint. If we recycled all the paper we export, we would have to dispose of several times more ink sludge than we currently consume as newspaper. There's no such thing as a free lunch.