From: owner-greenyes@grrn.org [mailto:owner-greenyes@grrn.org]On Behalf Of Heide Feldman
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 1:50 PM
To: 'Helen Spiegelman'; eric@ecocycle.org; Michele Raymond
Cc: Steve Hammer; GreenYes
Subject: RE: [GreenYes] glass recovery from commingled curbside program

The City of L.A. has a commingled program and they claim they get a pretty good recycle rate for the glass, I enough usable material at the end of the process.  Other cities collect everything else commingled except for the glass.  I think it's true that mixing all materials together has lowered the value of glass and made it mostly a contaminant.

Heidi Feldman
Public Education Coordinator
Monterey Regional Waste Management District
Tel.: 831/384-5313     FAX: 831/384-3567