Re: [GreenYes] Recycling's Future and Pigovian taxes
Well, I think what pigovian taxes are about is the line between 'markets'
and 'society', which is a very interesting and much ignored juncture. WE
count on markets to make some decisions, but count on society to make
others. That is what 'politics' is for: in a healthy political system,
people are constantly providing feedback to their governments about what
they value, and governments in turn provide feedback to actors in 'the
market' (e.g. Pigovian taxes). In a functioning democracy, we daily
'bestow' on accountable delegates that power not to 'determine' good and
bad, but to faithfully *understand and translate* our values of good and
bad (or get voted out of office).

Right?

H.

At 06:56 PM 02/26/2002 -0500, RJayW2@aol.com wrote: