RE: [GreenYes] 'Producer Responsibility' and Consumer Cost
We dont pay the full cost foe steel, paper, or even agricultural products
-- even coffee.
Especially oil and gas.

Michele raymond

At 02:14 PM 12/13/01 -0800, Heide Feldman wrote:
>...but then again we should pay the FULL cost of the products we consume,
>including their entire life cycle.  If the products then become too
>expensive, we may stop buying them which would send a message to the
>producers.  I think many of our products don't reflect the true cost to the
>environment.  This is true for food, as well.  Not a popular thought, I'm
>sure.
>
>Heidi Feldman
>Public Education Coordinator
>Monterey Regional Waste Management District
>Tel.: 831/384-5313     FAX: 831/384-3567

Michele Raymond
Publisher
Recycling Laws International/ State Recycling Laws Update
5111 Berwyn Rd. Ste 115 College Park, MD 20740)
301/345-4237   Fax 345-4768
http://www.raymond.com