Re: [GreenYes] Plastics and TRUE recycling
I had a conversation with a highly placed publishing exec recently, and he
told me a LOT of recyclables are still being dumped in landfills.

FYI

Michele Raymond

At 02:50 PM 12/13/01 -0600, C E F G wrote:

>Paul Goettlich wrote in part "and still, none is truly recycled."  He
>continues to go on stating [One may say, "but by not collecting it, you
>send it directly to the
>landfill."].
>
>Although this is a reference to plastics, I believe that the same could
>be said about most collected recyclables.  Metals and glass are the only
>curbside collected items that I can think of which can keep "chasing
>their own arrows as they are recycled time and time again."  Paperstocks
>and cardboard only have about 3 times thru the recycling cycle.  In fact
>most old curbside recycling bins end in the trash.
>
>Lets get rid of the "TRULY" mentality and accept reuse/reprocess as what
>happens to most collected recyclables.  What is wrong with
>reuse/reprocessing if
>it saves on need for virgin feedstock while keeping final disposal in
>limbo for yet to be determined years?
>
>Regards, C. William

>"Everyday should be an Earth Day."

>this list is available here:
>http://www.grrn.org/general/greenyes.html

Michele Raymond
Publisher
Recycling Laws International/ State Recycling Laws Update
5111 Berwyn Rd. Ste 115 College Park, MD 20740)
301/345-4237   Fax 345-4768
http://www.raymond.com