Re: [GreenYes] Environmental impact
I certainly agree with you. And, evidently, a few others agree as well,
notably, the WSJ.

'Clean Coal' an Oxymoron, Unlikely to Change for Years to Come  -  Wall
Street Journal 18may01
http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/Clean-Coal-Oxymoron-WSJ.htm

Clean Coal: The Mother of all Oxymorons  - TomPaine.com 15mar01
http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/Clean-Coal-Oxymoron.htm

Subsidies for Clean Coal Miss Mark  - New York Times 4aug01
http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/Clean-Coal-Subsidies.htm

Fossil Fuel R&D Lessons Learned in the Clean Coal Technology Program  -
GAO-01-854T Released 12jun01
http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/Clean-Coal-Technology-GAO12jun01.htm

And as long as we're on this lovely subject...
Political Gifts of Coal Magnate Larry Addington to Republicans Exceed
$800,000 - Herald-Leader 28feb01
http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/Coal-Magnate-$800K-Gift.htm

Even "Coal Country" has a word...
The Coal Reality - Opinion/Editorials Journal-Courier (Louisville, KY)
18jul01
http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/Bush-Coal-Reality.htm

And finally, our esteemed ... (clueless, and working hard at status quo
lately)
Bush  Opposes Plan for Financing of Clean Energy Over Fossil Fuel  - New
York Times 14jul01
http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/Clean-Energy-Opposition-Bush.htm

Best,
Paul