Re: [GreenYes] Why people recycle in 2001.
I disagree with the statement below.  Recycling has become a habit with many people.  It isn't a BIG deal anymore but the consciousness and education level has increased.  People in our community WANT to recycle.  The key is consistent collection (types of containers and fiber collected at the curb).  They're too busy to try and figure it all out.  I will say that teaching the key element...reducing what they generate in the first place... is the most important aspect to their new learning environment.   We'll keep plugging along.

Angela

Angela Brantley
City of Monterey
City Hall
Monterey CA 93940
brantley@ci.monterey.ca.us
831-646-5662
FAX - 831-646-5686

"If at first you don't succeed...sky diving is probably not the sport for you!"  Author Unknown

>>> "C E F G" <hither@qwest.net> 07/27/01 09:59AM >>>

<<The following message below is a copy of a 12/11/00 message to GreenYes from
John Reindl regarding the question "why do people recycle.">>

....  It is time to recognize that in 2001 a whole lot of people "could care less."

Regards, C. William