http://www.informinc.org

Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:29:59 -0500
From: "Elizabeth Berry" <elizabeth@dellnet.com>
To: <greenyes@earthsystems.org>

I have a friend in Israel who has asked me to send him information on =
sustainable design - he designs furniture, household items, and works =
with a wide range of materials - glass, metal etc.   Because there's =
almost no large-scale recycling in Israel, he's looking at how other =
countries, private companies etc. have used recycled materials to make =
new things.  He's interested in creating motivation and incentive for =
people to recycle - for example, if he can say - this chair was made =
from 500 cans (or other recycled material).  Does anyone know of any =
innovative work that links modern design with environmental concerns? =20