[GreenYes] Environment and the Vote
Dear GRRN Members:

It is impossible to separate the rights of people from
the rights of the environment, and our duty to protect the
environment requires us to weigh in on human
injustices as well.  If we cannot guarantee that building
grass roots support for environmental protection will
actually translate into success at the ballot box, through
voting on issues and candidates which support our values,
then democracy is meaningless, and the public education
we all undertake to encourage people to reduce waste can
be sabotaged at any point in the process.

Below is information about activities to express concerns
over the voting process.   Feel free to forward this to your
friends, family and other listserves.

My Mom and I got a great flight out from San Francisco to
Baltimore so we can participate in our first civil rights
activity.   Look for me at Dupont Circle and I hope you can
make it.    - - - Sincerely, Ann Schneider

Counter Inauguration Voter March
10:00 am to 4:00 pm on January 20, 2001
Washington DC

Voter March is the Sponsor of the Inaugural Voter March,
www.VoterMarch.com, in Washington, DC on Saturday,
Jan. 20, 2001, for voter rights and election reform and to
protest the Inauguration resulting from election irregularities
and partisan power politics.

Where:

Dupont Circle – speakers, music & performances
March to the Capitol and the US Supreme Court

Why?	To demonstrate the need for voter rights
and election reform and to show unhappiness of
the election process in Florida and with the
decision of the US Supreme Court

Who?	ALL are invited to bring their friends,
homemade signs and warm clothes.

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy
of this period of social transition was not the strident
clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence
of the good people."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

He also said human progress is "neither automatic
nor inevitable. Every step toward the goal of justice
requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the
tireless exertions and passionate concern of
dedicated individuals."

Who is Organizing This Activity?	VoterMarch

Thousands of us will be meeting at Dupont Circle In
Wash. DC at 10:00 am on Saturday, January 20th.
We will have a stage set up for our counter-inaugural
demonstration at Dupont Circle where we will have
various speakers and entertainment figures performing.
We will then have an organized protest march from
Dupont Circle to the Capitol and then to the
U.S. Supreme Court.

Voter March maintains a very active listserve (150+
messages/day) discussing this march and other rallies,
marches, actions and other activities related to election
reform and ensuring that the new administration behaves
in fair fashion.  For more information on VoterMarch go to
 www.VoterMarch.org or email info@votermarch.org for
more information.

The website includes the names and email addresses of
individuals who have agreed to coordinate activities in their
state and to help people get to Washington DC for the
Counter Inauguration.

See this Washington Post Article on the Counter Inaugural
Activities in Washington DC
 http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33927-2000Dec20.html

KEEP READING FOR MORE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
and for RELATED WEBSITES.  - - It is a long list so If you
aren't interested you may want to stop here.

1. Becoming a state representative
2. What to where to DC on 1/20/01 - its' cold.
3. May 6th Million Voter March
4. Hotel Information
5. Websites about other groups working on
	Inauguration Activities
6. ACTION You Can Take Right Now for Voters Rights
7. US Supreme Court & Federal Elected Official
	Contact websites
8. Websites of post election buttons, signage
	and clothing
9. Boycott websites
10. More discussion listserves
11 Regional group websites
12. Other Activist Sites
13. News links for post election news
14. State Contacts and state listserves sponsored
	by VoterMarch
15. California Marchs - Los Angeles and San Francisco

CAN YOU OR YOUR GROUP SERVE AS AN ORGANIZING
CENTER FOR THE JANUARY 20 PROTEST AT THE
INAUGURATION?

We've heard from people from New York to California so
wherever you are, find the organizing center nearest you--
nd if there isn't one, set one up and organize buses, vans
and car caravans to getas many people as possible to DC
on January 20, 2001.  Massive protests are expected on
that day.  Serving as an organizing center in your area
would mean working with other people and groups in your
city, school, community, place of worship, union or workplace
to bring people to DC on January 20.  Organizing tools are
available. We would list you on the www.VoterMarch.org  web
site as a Local Organizer and could direct people in
your area to you.

If interested, contact Joel Landy, National Groups Coordinator
at VoterMarchDC@yahoo.com

A partial list of State Organizers can be found at the bottom
of this email message.  Or check the website for more
updated information.

Hotel Information I the Greater Washington DC, Virginia
and Maryland Area

Hotel information as of 12-18-00 that still has about 30
some rooms available for the weekend of the inaguration.

Quality Inn on Courthouse Road
Arlington, near a metro stop and very convenient
to downtown .
703/524-4000
$179 @night

The following hotels have 380 + available rooms (as of 5:00
12-28-00) for the evenings of January 19th and 20th.  They are
all very close to the Washington Beltway

Fairfield Inn, College Park
4050 Powder Mill Road · Beltsville
301-572-7100 · 165 Rooms total, 80 available
Weekend special $74.00 + tax  per night, includes
continental breakfast.  City transportation available.

Red Roof Inn, Oxon Hill
6170 Oxon Hill Road · Oxon Hill
301-567-8030 · 120 Rooms total, 40 available
$60-65$ + tax

Red Roof, Lanham
9050 Lanham Severn Road · Lanham
301-731-8830 · 104 Rooms Total, 5 available

Ramada Conference & Expo Center
8500 Annapolis Road · New Carrollton
301-459-6700 · 238 Rooms Total, 30 available
$129.00+ + tax
Complementary Shuttle to New Carrolton Metro

Howard Johnson
5811 Annapolis Road · Cheverly
301-779-7700 · 164 Rooms Total, 14 Available
$120.00+  + tax
City transportation available.

Hampton Inn, Landover
9421 Largo Drive · Landover
301-499-4600 · 142 Rooms Total, 28 Available
$69, $10 additional per person + tax
Shuttle to metro

Holiday Inn, Bethesda
8120 Wisconsin Avenue · Bethesda
301-652-2000 · 279 Rooms Total, 150 Available
$189 + tax Kings only,
Walk to metro

Sheraton, College Park
4095 Powder Mill Road · Beltsville
301-937-4422 · 206 Rooms Total, 30 available
$185-$244 + tax

Embassy Suites in Tyson's Corner
$119 per night.
800-EMBASSY

Other Sites for Information on the Inauguration and Protests

http://www.iacenter.org/ - - Independent Action Center
http://www.ippn.org/   - - Independant Progressive Policy Network
http://www.inaugurauction.org
http://geocities.com/countercoup/ - - demonstrations around
	the country
http://www.aclu.org/congress/issues107.html
www.JusticeOnline.org/freespeech - - "Guide to Effective
	Participation 	in the 2001 Inauguration.
http://www.loudcitizen.com/million/index.asp
http://www.politicalamazon.com/smirkorama.html
www.ruckus.org  - - Ruckus Society
www.organizenow.net - - Organizers Collaborative
http://agitate.net -Site collecting political parody songs
for upcoming protests, demonstations

Homework – To Be Prepared When Asked Why You Don’t
Support the Status Quo – To help you if confronted by angry
people supporting the outcome of the election.  Websites
with information about how the right attempts to repress
and intimidate activists.

http://www.publiceye.org/liberty/Security_for_Activists.htm
http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/contrib.asp?Ind=N03
http://www.buzzflash.com  - - "The Right Wing's Nasty Jargon.
	There's Nothing Logical About It".
http://www.boortz.com
http://www.conservachicks.com

Ideas of Actions You Can Take Right Now

1.	Write to Your Congressional Leaders *
2.	Comment on Choices for Cabinet and Departments
3.	Write or email national and local media about their
	coverage or lack of coverage of this issue.
4.	Writing protest messages on paper money.  E.g., '
	Bush is Bogus', ‘Count All The Votes’, etc. on one side.
5.	Where an Orange (for Florida) or
	Black (Death of Democracy) Ribbon
6.	Drape black banners on trees on your property
7.	Wear black arm bands
8.	Put a Black Flag up on National Holidays
9.	Fly the American Flag upside down on inauguration day
10.	Write on your money:  Gore Won, Bush Lost
11.	Write on all the give away cards, direct mail and
	blow in cards that you receive from the biased media:
	Gore Won the Popular Vote; Gore Won Florida!
12.	Let all the Votes Be Counted!"  And send them back!
	They pay the postage....
13.	Put a message that Gore Won on your answering
	machine;  You can change text daily.  Or do special blurbs
	on Bush appointments;  Artic drilling;  The Florida vote theft;
	Miami-Dade Republican storm troops; etc.  Your choice.
14.	Print out stamps from the online site www.Gorewon2000.net
	and put them all over the place.  Or you can do your own in
	return label sizes ordered from your local fast turn-around printer.
15.	Get a Gore Won bumper sticker. (some can be
	downloaded for free.)
16.	March, Demonstrate, Protest whenever, wherever you can.
17.	Download some free Banner Art
18.	Read a good book on preparing press releases and
	start hitting on your media
19.	Protest the sponsors on the  biased media.  But make up a
	list of the president's of the sponsoring companies and let them
	know why you are no longer going to buy their products!  As an ad
	man, I can tell you this will get attention!
20.	Read Shrub or Fortunate Son by Hatfield & learn what you
	are dealing with.
21.	Join a Democratic Party near you.
22.	Organize and start your own groups.  Remember this country
	was built on protests, some peaceful...
23.	Educate your friends and neighbors as to what has really
	happened to the vote and their freedoms...
24.	Call in on those news shows that ask for voter opinions!
	keep on them!
25.	Wear clothes that show you are in mourning!  Black
	armbands, black outfits, whatever.
26.	And contribute to the online community with your time, your
	energies, your thoughts and your money.

Contact information

US Supreme Court (of Pretenders)
c/o Public Information Officer (PIO)
Washington DC  20543
www.supremecourtus.gov/index.html
888 293-6498

US Senate info - -
www.lcweb.loc.gov/global/legislative/senators.html
(may not need the www)

House of Representatives - http://congress.nw.dc.us/

A website to assist you in finding Federal Legislators websites
and in some cases their email addresses - -
 http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html

Sources of Post Election Bumper Stickers, posters, t-shirts, etc.

Note, listing here does not denote support of these sites.  They
are compiled here only for your information.

http://www.countercoup.org to download graphics that you can
	printout, e.g. on avery labels.
http://www.cafepress.com/b/inc/bushcon.jsp - - T-Shirts
http://www.cafepress.com/bananahail/ - - "Hail to theThief" merchandise
http://www.cunninghamstrikes.com  - -  Cartoons & T-shirts
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/2000/candidate/gwbush - - cartoons
http://www.geocities.com/gwbushart - - anti-Bush ART
http://www.geocities.com/dearkandb/stickershock.html
http://www.bartcop.com - - cartoons
http://www.politicalshop.com - - Political Buttons
http://www.gwbush.com - - Bumper Stickers
http://www.bush-cheated.org - - bumper stickers
http://www.stopbush2000.com   Download free POSTERS
http://www.cafepress.com/ad_hoc/  - -  t-shirt
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mdr2/impeachbush.html
	- - Bush Brothers Banana Republic
http://www.egroups.com/group/BBBR
http://www.madaboutchad.com/ - -Home of the Official Judicial Fiat
T-shirt -
"Killcoup Was Here": Sticker Shock. All styles. Two stickers of each
style per page. Formatted for Avery Labels Style 5160 - Peel-and-
Stick labels.

And on Boycotts

http://members.aol.com/kgar41/gw.html - - Boycotts and other actions
http://www.boycott-republicans.com - - Boycott list

More Discussion Listserves or websites - -

http://www.egroups.com/group/ -  Citizens For Legitimate Government
http://www.egroups.com/group/internetdemocrats1
http://www.egroups.com/group/trustthepeople-disc
http://www.egroups.com/group/Voter
http://www.egroups.com/group/I01
http://www.egroups.com/group/impeach-bush ,
http://www.egroups.com/group/watchdubya  watchdubya@egroups.com
http://www.egroups.com/group/USDemocrat
act@artistsforfreedom.com - - Act
info@indymedia.org
 http://www.egroups.com/group/dem-
http://www.geocities.com/dearkandb/
www.fairvote.org - - fair@fair.org
http://www.gorewon2000.net
www.votermarch.com - - Voter@eGroups.com
info@moveon.org
internetdemocrats1@egroups.com
liberaldems1@egroups.com
democrat@egroups.com
democratsconnection@egroups.com
wewillremember@egroups.com
http://www.egroups.com/group/Goresupporters
goreforpresident@egroups.com
goresupporters@egroups.com
DemocraticVictory2000@eGroups.com
News@Democrats.com
Democratscount@egroups.com
friendsofalgore@egroups.com
gore2k1@egroups.com

Regional Groups
http://www.egroups.com/group/AlabamaDemocrat
http://www.egroups.com/group/dem-florida-strategy
pbcyds@egroups.com - - Palm Beach
NewYorkDemocrat@egroups.com - - NY Democrats

Other Activist Sites

www.e-thepeople.com
www.speakout.com
www.petitiononline.com
www.alphacdc.com
www.progressivesecretary.org
www.workingforchange.com
www.care2.com
www.earthisland.org
www.theofficenet.com
www.ienearth.org
www.thirdage.com
www.onenetnow.com
www.actionise.com

NewsLinks on the After Affects of the Election

http://www.buzzflash.com     (Updated several times daily)
http://www.democrats.com
http://www.bushwatch.com/headlines.htm
http://www.consortiumnews.com
http://fp.enter.net/~haney - - Liberal Slant
http://www.bushandcheneysuck.com - - Best list of LINKS to anti-Bush
sites
http://www.onlinejournal.com -  - Activist LINKS
http://www.american-politics.com
http://www.bushoncrack.com

LOCAL ORGANIZERS and GROUPS

The Voter egroup www.egroups.com/group/voter  is one of the
most popular and fastest growing egroups.   We are now
adding new Voter egroups for each of the 52 states,  DC and
International.   One of the primary objectives of the new state
egroups is to facilitate transportation to people who are
planning on attending the counter-inaugurals on
January 20, 2001 in Washington, DC.

All of these egroups are affiliated with the www.VoterMarch.org
website which is for voter rights and is sponsoring the Inaugural
Day Voter March which has a 2-part platform: (i) to seek real
election reform to curb the abuses and disenfranchisement
of voters that occurred during the Presidential 2000 election,
and (ii) to protest in the form of a counter-inaugural the
"coronation" that will occur as a result of serious election
irregularities and  highly partisan U.S. Supreme Court
decisions which usurped the will of the people.     The new
State Voter eGroups are as follows:

National

Voter March, LLC
Louis Posner, Esq.
Chairman & National Groups Coordinator
chairman@votermarch.org
www.VoterMarch.org

Joel Landy
National Groups Liaison
groups@votermarch.org

Alabama -       www.egroups.com/group/voterAL

Alaska -    www.egroups.com/group/voterAK

Arkansas -    www.egroups.com/group/voterAR

Arizona  - www.egroups.com/group/voterAZ

Beverly Fox-Miller
arizona@votermarch.org

California - www.egroups.com/group/voterCA

Jamie Murray
Los Angeles, CA
LosAngeles@VoterMarch.org
machturtle@earthlink.net

Organizing a rally in LA on 1/20/01
http://www.actionla.org/J20/

LA Counter Inaugural
January 20, 2001
Pershing Square
Rally & March to
Downtown Federal Building

San Francisco Will also have a counter Inauguration march.  - -

Colorado   www.egroups.com/group/voterCO

Connecticut  - www.egroups.com/group/voterCT

Betsy Bowen
Norwalk/Stamford, CT
norwalk@votermarch.org

Delaware   www.egroups.com/group/voterDE

District of Columbia www.egroups.com/group/voterDC

Bob "Hawk" Rogers
Washington, DC area
703-620-0625
washingtondc@votermarch.org
or backup Rar98hawk@aol.com

Florida www.egroups.com/group/voterFL

Bob Kunst
The Oral Majority
P.O. Box 402263
Miami Beach, FL 33140
305-864-5110
miami@votermarch.org
theoralmajority@hotmail.com

West Palm Beach, FL
wpb@votermarch.org
www.voterights.homestead.com

Georgia www.egroups.com/group/voterGA

Michael Collins
Athens and Atlanta
706-613-7443
atlanta@votermarch.org
or backup srimichael@aol.com
website: http://homepage.mac.com/onecitizenonevote

Hawaii www.egroups.com/group/voterHI

George A. Casen
kahala5@juno.com
Hawaii@votermarch.org

Idaho    www.egroups.com/group/voterID

Illinois www.egroups.com/group/voterIL

Elizabeth Cortell
Chicago Metro Area
chicago@votermarch.org

Indiana www.egroups.com/group/voterIN

Suzanne Jackson
sjackson@dannpecar.com

Iowa    www.egroups.com/group/voterIA

Kansas www.egroups.com/group/voterKS

Debby Anthony
Kansas City
kansascity@votermarch.org

Kentucky www.egroups.com/group/voterKY

Ivonne Rovira
kentucky@votermarch.org

Louisiana    www.egroups.com/group/voterLA

Maine www.egroups.com/group/voterME

Barbara Scapa
Maine
maine@votermarch.org

Renee Berry-Huffman
Portland, Maine
RBHJustice@aol.com

Maryland www.egroups.com/group/voterMD

Doug Lang
Silver Springs, MD
maryland@votermarch.org
mdvotermarch@yahoo.com
800-832-4669
www.theHighTechStore.com

Vicki O'Hara
Annapolis/Baltimore, MD
Baltimore@votermarch.org
vicki@moonlark.com

Massachusetts www.egroups.com/group/voterMA

Pam Appleby
Boston, MA
Ghich@aol.com
Boston@VoterMarch.org

Michigan www.egroups.com/group/voterMI

Dave Fernquist
Detroit Metro area
detroit@votermarch.org

Minnesota www.egroups.com/group/voterMN

Tiller and Fussell
St. Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
twincities@votermarch.org
mailto:mnvoter@hotmail.comtwincities@votermarch.org

St. Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
mnvoter@hotmail.com

Mississippi   www.egroups.com/group/voterMS

Missouri www.egroups.com/group/voterMO

Pat Walsh
missouri@votermarch.org
phone: 314-846-1849

New York www.egroups.com/group/voterNY

Nancy Magarill
New York City, New York
nyc@votermarch.org
votermarchinfo@aol.com
www.DemocracyNYC.org

Suffolk Country, NY
suffolk@votermarch.org

Joe Seeman
Albany, New York
Albany@votermarch.org
seeman_joe@yahoo.com
www.theAllianceforDemocracy.org
Ohio

Mike McCleese
Cincinnati, Ohio
cincinnati@votermarch.org
or backup mrm@fuse.net

Kenneth J. Murray
Dayton, Ohio
kennethjmurray@earthlink.net

Montana   www.egroups.com/group/voterMT

Nebraska    www.egroups.com/group/voterNE

Nevada    www.egroups.com/group/voterNV

New Hampshire   www.egroups.com/group/voterNH

New Jersey   www.egroups.com/group/voterNJ

New Mexico   www.egroups.com/group/voterNM

North Carolina www.egroups.com/group/voterNC

Susan Lewis
antfufu@aol.com

North Dakota www.egroups.com/group/voterND

Armondo Perez
luckyguy102@hotmail.com
701 795 6976

Ohio www.egroups.com/group/voterOH

Mike McCleese
Cincinnati, Ohio
cincinnati@votermarch.org
or backup mrm@fuse.net

Kenneth J. Murray
Dayton, Ohio
kennethjmurray@earthlink.net

Oklahoma   www.egroups.com/group/voterOK

Oregon www.egroups.com/group/voterOR

John Mark
Portland, Oregon
1jwmark@home.com

Kurtis Smith
Portland, Oregon - E-group list for everyone to join.
Voter-PortlandOR-subscribe@egroups.com or www.egroups.com/group/Voter-

Pennsylvania www.egroups.com/group/voterPA

Bruce Bailey
Philadelphia, PA
philly@votermarch.org

Kevin M. Hoover
Pittsburgh, PA
pittsburgh@votermarch.org
or backup kevinmhoover@earthlink.net

Rhode Island    www.egroups.com/group/voterRI

South Carolina www.egroups.com/group/voterSC

Elaine van der Linden
Belevedere, S.C.
803-279-7003
imagine111@aol.com
www.mollysmilitia.org

South Dakota      www.egroups.com/group/voterSD

Tennessee www.egroups.com/group/voterTN

Catherine Lohmeier
Nashville, TN
JNCDOONA@aol.com

Texas www.egroups.com/group/voterTX

Paula Little
Dallas, TX
dallas@votermarch.org

Virginia www.egroups.com/group/voterVA

Charles Stanton
Newport News, Virginia
(Southeast Virginia).
sevirginia@votermarch.org

Washington www.egroups.com/group/voterWA

Lika Smith
Seattle, WA
seattle@votermarch.org
phone: 206-679-6108

Marian Beddill
Bellingham, WA
(NW Washington)
nwwashintong@votermarch.org
phone: 360-738-3151

Texas

Paula Little
Dallas, TX
dallas@votermarch.org

West Virginia    www.egroups.com/group/voterWV

Wisconsin    www.egroups.com/group/voterWI

Wyoming    www.egroups.com/group/voterWY

Utah   www.egroups.com/group/voterUT

Vermont    www.egroups.com/group/voterVT

International    www.egroups.com/group/voterINTL

Rallys for Voters Rights will also be held in Los Angeles
and San Francisco as well as other cities around the Nation.

California - www.egroups.com/group/voterCA

Jamie Murray
Los Angeles, CA
LosAngeles@VoterMarch.org
machturtle@earthlink.net

Organizing a rally in Los Angeles on 1/20/01
http://www.actionla.org/J20/

LA Counter Inaugural
January 20, 2001
Pershing Square
Rally & March to
Downtown Federal Building

San Francisco will also have a counter Inauguration march.  - -
information will be announced on January 7th.  Go to the California
listserve for more information after that date.