[GreenYes] Re: Recycle Offset Credits?

Title: Re: [GreenYes] Re: Recycle Offset Credits?
I’m coming to this late. Sorry. But it would seem to me that the City gets the recycling offset credit, just like a business would in the private sector, since in theory the city has made the choice to put the recycling program in place and fund the recovery system. All the other points in the chain aren’t really making a choice or investing in something different. While they may “claim” that they are doing the recycling this is essentially business as usual.

As far as the RecycleNet ROC system is concerned, it’s obviously something new and requires rules and standards and since they’re putting the system together one can imagine that they need to make the arbitrary definition for who or what entity gets the credits. Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t read anything in the press release about real money. So this isn’t really on the same level as carbon offset markets...yet. They’re more laying the groundwork for something that might eventually be converted into a market proposition.

db
--
David Biddle, Executive Director
<http://www.gpcrc.com>