[GreenYes] doucmented increases in tonnage when converting to single stream?

Title: [GreenYes] doucmented increases in tonnage when converting to single stream?

hi Blair:

We looked at those issues for a recent study for Clark County, Washington,
and benchmarked the performance of their 3-bin program against several other
recycling programs in the Pacific Northwest.  You can download a copy of
that report from my web page at:

www.green-solutions.biz/ClarkCounty.html

FYI, more than once during the course of the study I thought we would have
to recommend in favor of single-stream, but in the end we couldn't ignore
the problems with glass contaminating the other materials and so recommended
dual-stream instead (glass in a bin, everything else in a cart).  Clark
County is testing that approach now through several pilot routes, and we'll
be issuing a report on the results of those pilots in a few months.

Rick Hlavka
Green Solutions
360-897-9533
rick@no.address