From: Reindl, John [mailto:Reindl@no.address]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 10:13 AM
To: greenyes@no.address
Subject: [greenyes] Specs for plastic lumber for highway posts

Does anyone know of test data for plastic lumber for use as highway sign
or
crash barrier posts?

My Highway Commissioner said that the ACQ treated posts that they are
using
for signs are not working, as the aluminum signs and metal bolts are
rapidly
corroding -- to the point of the signs falling off the posts after six
months.

The Highway Department would like to try plastic lumber posts, but need
test
data -- especially "break away ability'' -- to show that they are
suitable.

Thanks much,

John Reindl
Dane County, WI