RE: [greenyes] Why bury at all ?? Re: [greenyes] green burial
Just to affirm Bette's post - my mother and father both chose this option,
my father 30 yrs ago with the U of Minnesota and my mother 4 yrs. ago with
Mayo Clinic. (By 1999 the University had plenty of donors, but Mayo was in
desperate need.)

In both instances it was a tremendous relief to us not to have to spend
those difficult days making the plethora of arrangements required by a
traditional burial.  Instead, our family was free to make our peace with
their passing, and to focus on each other.

There were zero costs incurred on our part, and the medical personnel were
appreciative and respectful.  We received the ashes exactly one year later.
Mayo's annual memorial for the families also provides the med students with
an opportunity to meet and thank family members directly, and in so doing,
personalizes the process.

I highly recommend this route; we couldn't have been happier.  And of
course, it fit nicely with my ZW perspective.

Happy Holidays, all.

Anne