[Fwd: [GreenYes] Fwd: "Green" office paper at Staples]

I agree with Amy.  Let's show our support for something environmental
that has been brought to the forefront by a mainstream company.  The general
environmental economic ideal and scope of America Recycles Day is to buy
recycled.

If you want to get to local store specific ideals, why not arrange a meeting of
a local
conservation group with the manager of your local store to discuss how the store

could better meet environmental needs.

As far as getting Staples to change its policies for products that it offers,
why
not show general support for this featured product.  Because Staples is an ARD
sponsor
they have been brought to the table where we environmentalist and recycling
advocates sit.
Maybe this is the opportunity to assist them in transforming corporate behavior
through the
adoption of some environmental goals: i.e.
1) general usage of a higher post-consumer content recycled paper.
2) recycling of cardboard at store (most stores that I have seen do have
separate cardboard dumpsters or balers.)

One can still continue to support Greenline and other smaller companies
but if we don't show the mainstream of the marketplace that we support
recycled products and that there is a need for them, then we will always be
at loggerheads with them for failure to provide recycled products.

My two cents.

Ben Marks