Re: [GreenYes] RE: California E-Waste Veto Message
With all due respect, I think AB 2020 was what he was trying to get away
from.  We keep the CRTs too long anyway.

All of our research indicates the most efficient electronics recovery
programs are run by industry, not government.

Industry is concerned that not all the money collected by governments goes
where its supposed to -- and you can see what is happening to unclaimed
deposits in Mass, and some the excess funds in CA.

Generally federal governments have set up mandates and goals in Europe.

I am working with a customer at Polaroid to set up some electronics
workshops for industry next year.

Best of luck!!  It looks like the can report has had an impact.

Cheers
Michele Raymond

At 09:58 AM 10/2/02 -0700, Pat Franklin wrote:

>What about a Take Back program modeled aafter AB 2020 -

>Patricia Franklin
>Executive Director
>Container Recycling Institute
>1911 N. Fort Myer Drive, Ste. 702
>Arlington, VA 22209
>
>TEL:   703.276.9800
>FAX:   703.276.9587
>EMAIL: pfranklin@container-recycling.org
>
>http://www.container-recycling.org
>http://www.bottlebill.info

Michele Raymond
Publisher
Recycling Laws International/ State Recycling Laws Update
5111 Berwyn Rd. Ste 115 College Park, MD 20740)
301/345-4237   Fax 345-4768
http://www.raymond.com