RE: [GreenYes] Construction Demolition Waste
Bruce, as always, it varies.  Here are some of the numbers we used in our
conversion factors in developing our C&D recycling program.  All numbers
below are lbs/yd.

Wood shake/shingle w/tar paper	300
Composition/asphalt shingles		420
Tar and gravel				2919
Wood						330
Concrete, asphalt, dirt mixed		1855
Asphalt pavement				1380
Demolition					750
Drywall					394
Ferrous					416
Mixed						542

d8)
Stephen M Bantillo
City of San José, Environmental Services Department
Integrated Waste Management
777 North First Street, Suite 300
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 277-3846   Office and VMail
(408) 277-3669   Fax
mailto:stephen.bantillo@ci.sj.ca.us
www.sjrecycles.org
100% San José.  Recycle Where You Live Work and Play