[GreenYes] RE: compressed air
On 16 Apr 2002 at 2:54, Muna wrote:

>some renewable energy technologies are "intermittent" i.e. can guranteed
supply
>power for, say, 35% of the time - what if we:
>used the power when available to pump ordinary air into takns, compressed
>transfered that compressed air to the latest design of engines which runs
off
>compressed air
>and had many of these pumped storage places.. at least as many as gas
stations...

>no oil (nearly); low cost fuel; minimal pollution; creates many jobs,
according to those
>who know; minimises reliance on imported energy; and one could probably go
on...

>do people think it possible?

Just from a technical standpoint, I don't think air would be the best
choice, but your point is well made.

I think it's possible.  In fact, if they took the 'improvements' that they
NEEDED to put on "clean cars", on regular cars, imagine the fuel savings
there!  Then couple that with the compressed fluid idea...