Re: [GreenYes] RE: [BBAN]: Recycling article in today's NewYork Times
Doug

The technologies currently exist - and have existed - to separate most of
the referenced materials.  It takes money and time to build the plants - and
there isn't enough money and interest to build the plants.  As is the case
in most industries, only after enough plants are built and technologies
de-bugged will the unit cost of treatment be competitive with landfill costs
(short term business type costs).

Once there is a profitable plant, investors will fund others.  It seems to
be the tail/dog issue.

We can automate the separation process if the alternative disposal costs (in
current dollars) more than the cost of the automated process.  Until then,
we can't get investors.

I'd love to get the investment community on board - but they were never
altruistic, and with the current global economic situation, I can't see them
coming on board.

Sorry for the soap box but I've been frustrated for 34 years and am some
times wonder how much longer I can continue the fight in the absence of some
common sense.

Thanks for taking the time to get this far.

Ken Maltese
Maltese & Associates.
203-387-2011