[GreenYes] Atwater Prison electronic recycling - Modesto Bee Article
Here is an article about a new maximum security Federal Prison opening in California that some see as the "final solution" to computer recycling.  I find it rather alarming!  Another reason why we must develop guidelines for sustainable recycling practices.

Ted Smith

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/1376902p-1446273c.html

From: "Paparian, Michael" <Paparian@CIWMB.ca.gov>
To: "Ted Smith (E-mail)" <tsmith@igc.org>, "Mark Murray (E-mail)"
        <murray@cawrecycles.org>, "Michael Picker (E-mail 2)"
        <picker@lincolncrow.com>
Subject: FW: Atwater Prison electronic recycling - Modesto Bee Article
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:23:22 -0800

FYI - an article about the not-yet-opened electronics recycling facility in Atwater.  Maybe the County of Stanislaus sees this as the answer to their local e-waste management needs.

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/1376902p-1446273c.html

Ted Smith
Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition/Campaign for Responsible Technology
760 N. First Street,San Jose, CA 95112
408-287-6707-phone;  408-287-6771-fax
http://www.svtc.org/svtc/
Food for thought:  How Gandhi Defined the Seven Deadly Sins
· Wealth without work; · Pleasure without conscience; · Knowledge without character;· Commerce without morality;
· Science without humanity;· Worship without sacrifice;· Politics without principle