Re: [GreenYes] household batteries help
NiCd batteries contain cadmium, and NiMH and LI-ion batteries contain cobalt.
Cobalt is classified as a possible human carcinogen and cadmium is classified as

a probable carcinogen or a carcinogen (depends on which group is doing the
classifying). You should definitely be concerned about these batteries.

David Assmann
Deputy Director
San Francisco Department of the Environment