[GreenYes] Energy bill reprised?
Does anyone know if this is a regurgitated version of the recently tabled energy bill S389?
********************************
Wednesday December 5, 3:30 pm Eastern Time

Press Release

SOURCE: Alliance for Energy and Economic Growth

Consumers, Producers Applaud Senate Action on
Energy Bill

WASHINGTON, Dec. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD) and Energy Committee
Chairman Jeff Bingaman (D-NM) introduced the Energy Policy Act of 2001, a comprehensive measure designed to improve
the nation's supply and transmission of energy. The following is a statement for the Alliance for Energy & Economic Growth by
Bruce Josten, Executive Vice President for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce:

``The more than 1300 members of the Alliance applaud Senators Daschle and Bingaman for honoring the Majority Leader's
pledge to introduce comprehensive energy legislation during this session. In the days ahead, we promise to work with both their
Democratic and Republican colleagues to ensure that America's energy future is strengthened with truly bipartisan legislation.

``All of us appreciate the importance of reliable and low cost supplies of energy for our growing economy, as well as the
vulnerability of our economy to disruptions in energy supply. Working together, we hope we can pass a comprehensive bill that
increases our nation's energy supply, modernizes its energy infrastructure, stimulates the development of alternative fuels and the
many innovative technologies that can help to protect our environment.''

Please visit the website at: http://www.yourenergyfuture.org .

The Alliance for Energy and Economic Growth is a broad-based coalition of a thousand members representing consumer and
community groups, energy companies involved in all phases of energy exploration, production and transmission, and business
and labor organizations in every state -- all united in support of a comprehensive energy plan.

SOURCE: Alliance for Energy and Economic Growth

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division
phone: (336) 747 8418