[Fwd: [GreenYes] NSDA Sponsorship of America Recycles Day - anecdote]

My thoughts on the NSDA---
I recalled meeting a young Jeff Foote at a Virginia Recycling Association conference in 1992 or 1993.
I was a brash young recycler at that time and in one of the workgroup sessions led by Jeff, I asked innocently
enough
why there wasn't a national container deposit law to encourage greater incentive to recycle?

I meant it?  Why wasn't there?
Well I had no idea that I had just tugged on Superman's cape and spit into the wind.
It was kind of mortifying that I had asked the point person for the NSDA to justify a policy issue.

A few well seasoned recyclers took me aside and told me that the question I asked just wasn't the kind of thing
that was done
at a recycling workshop....especially one where the NSDA had plunked down sponsorship dollars.

Well I bounced around in the world of recycling policy for several more years before moving on to green
building issues at the late EcoSmart
in New York.

Now I am at Pace Law School in White Plains where I am studying environmental law.

Its never too late to teach an old dog some new tricks.

Ben Marks
1L at Pace Law