[GreenYes] Mandatory Recycling?
I'd like to compile 1) a list of cities/states/counties that have mandatory
recycling for residents and/or businesses, 2)copies of their laws, 3)
information about how the laws are enforced, and 4) how effective they are
in increasing diversion. Our Board of Directors has asked for information
about mandatory recycling. In the Central Contra Costa Solid Waste Authority
service area (where I work in CA) all residents pay for recycling, but
aren't required to use it. Businesses have a financial incentive to recycle,
but some still don't.

Please send any information and/or contacts regarding mandatory recycling
programs to me directly at abramsh@wastediversion.org

Thanks!