[GreenYes] Re: Reusable Cups

Does anyone have any thoughts on sending biodegradable cups to the landfill? We have establishments who tout offering biodegradable cups, but who do not participate in a compost program or have any control where their customers dispose of the cups. I would think the methane resulting from these materials in the landfill would be more damaging than burying non-biodegradable materials.

I’d hate to think that people opted for a biodegradable cup over a refillable because they thought they were better than plastic.

Dennis Sauer

Zero Waste Inc

PO Box 483

Hardwick, Vermont 05843